I am sure that anyone that reads this blog knows how Dustin and I began, but here goes in our words. We had been friends for about a year before we started dating our senior year in high school. People had actually made bets on how long we would last since we were so opposite. We made it through the last of our senior year and then went onto college. Dustin spent the first semester away and I stayed here at Tech. That was one of many first challenges that we had where we had to decide if it was worth it. Well we made it past that semester and then Dustin moved back home. We went through a lot of hard times with a lot of growing up and growing together. By all means there were many times that neither one of us is proud to speak of, but we made it through.
Four and a half years later Dustin proposed. We had been working at a youth baseball league for a couple of years. Dustin umpiring and I was scorekeeping. He had set it all up at the championship game. I had announced the starting line-up and they were praying. I walked away while they were finishing up and then walked back to find the 2 teams in the game were holding up signs that said "Will you marry me?" Dustin had kneeled down on home plate with the ring. I couldn't believe it was happening even after all those years. Of course I said yes!
.jpg)
We were married on Dec. 16, 2006! We went on an amazing honeymoon to Mexico. When we got back we were hit by our first trial as a married couple. The night after we got home I was put in the hospital for a month and was transferred to Scott & White in Temple, TX halfway through that time. Dustin was an incredible rock during this time. Once we were back home we began our life as a new family, which included adding our kids:

Charlie Christopher Albert Gault
Maggie Mae Alberta Gault
&
Zoe Rene Gault
We were living in my dad's townhouse and working. Dustin was teaching and I worked at a skilled nursing facility as an occupational therapist. We had talked about moving to another town but never made it due to some events that took place. So we decided to stay here and have had an amazing adventure since!
No comments:
Post a Comment